Friday 17 May 2019

T2 W3 my Maori myth



The maori myth of why it rains so much on the west coast.





Once upon a time there was a young man called Ari he was in love with a young woman who was called Aroha she was also in love with him. They both went for a romantic walk one day to the tops of the southern alps on the other side there was an enemy tribe/village that have been planning to fight the other side (Greymouth) and they were supposed to come today out of nowhere there was a rustle in the bush sling !!!!! Ari got hit in the leg with an arrow there was a dreadful scream Aroha had been taken by the tribe to this day Ari’s tears still shoot over greymouths skys cause it's too dangerous for him to go over the southern alps and save his one love.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Arli

    I enjoyed reading your myth, it is really great. I really like the ending of the story about his tears over Greymouth.

    Keep up the great work!

    Mrs Costello :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora, Arli. My name is Reuben.
    I like how you put your wording, and your idea is fantastic.
    I think that you could add some more on to it.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Arli,

    Thanks for sharing your myth! I really like the way you ended it by saying that his tears were the rain over Greymouth. Wouldn't it be neat if this was actually the case?
    Keep up the great work, I love it when you post things on your blog!
    Miss H

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.