Friday 24 April 2020

A special character Arli term 2 week 2 2020


Kia Ora this is Arli from Grey Main school. Today I would like to share a piece of writing that I wrote this week about a special character, enjoy.

A blonde flash whizzes past with little rubber gumboots thumping on the ground as they make an unique sound.

The mysterious sibling came with a special package, a puncture from some sort of rigid plastic toy peeling skin off my thigh as he paces off up the bush, his little legs struggling to push through the harsh environment working to uncover a hiding spot as he giggles his notorious giggle.

As I'm scavenging around trying to find him something, he sneaks up behind me with incredible stealth latches his teeth onto my arm and swings his head back and forth like a rottweiler on a burglar,
Leaving me with a purple blistered bruise.

CLINK CLONK CLINK…. Building Blocks build up higher, higher and higher making a one of a kind SKYSCRAPER almost looking like a stiff straightened out rainbow with all the different colour blocks.
VROOM VROOM!! The hot wheels grave digger monster truck drifts across the table leaving long fade scratches on the matte back table the monster truck does one more intense lap around the table now opposite to the vast rainbow skyscraper click he switches from neutral to first gear 2nd! 3rd! 4th! 5th! 6th!!! Building speed with the heavy duty monster truck and its enormous tyres spinning causing a cool illusion,
BOOM! The front bumper penetrates the 1st floor of the skyscraper sending it through a 180 spin I crawl painfully through all the plastic blocks with there sharp corners and plastic body's eating at my knees but I was too late!
Landing almost exactly flat on the table the sky scraper caused a menacing slap concerning everyone what just happened.

As gravity pulls me into my chair at the table for tea He says “tea time!” and lays his hands out presenting my dinner to me.

As I'm eating and digesting dinner in the corner of my eyes I glimpse a blurred a little arm throw itself back and yoink a bit of meat towards me, the brown torpedo glides through the air ready to eliminate enemy bases strikes into my hand crawling out into my drink as the little air socket bubbles fizz and rise to the top causing little geysers as the juices and thick brown/red blood lurks around my glass like a ghost, venison lemonade.

It's bedtime, as Sonny hops into bed He says “monsters” . I know exactly what that means it's like he has his own little language of saying things.

I repetitively read him where the wild things are through the starry night until he dozes off as Max reminds me just of Sonny.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arli
    Really enjoyed reading your special character writing. Sounds like Sonny keeps you on your toes. What a good choice of a favourite book.
    You will certainly be entertained by him during this time in your bubble.

    Tineka

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.