Thursday 16 April 2020

Arli hide and seek writing term 2 week 1

Kia Ora this is Arli from Grey Main school today i would like to share with you a hide and seek piece of descriptive writing i have been working on for the past 2 days hope you enjoy.


“Twenty one!!. your it”  
“What!! I don't want to be it” he says in disgust
“Well hard luck”
“Fine then”
1, 2, 3, 4, 5……..
Footsteps clattering in all directions
Trying to find a good spot like a bunch of wildebeest being chased by a lion.
I look around scavenging with my eyes 
There's a manuka that looks like its made to climb.
The smell of wild nature climbing up the tree as my hands slip down the tree and branches the splintering wood spits of the tree. the higher up the better.
Muffled echoes and voices bouncing off all sorts of nature's creations like in a big corridor. I stop immediately, still like a tuatara trying not to make a move in my muscles before they hear the crumpled footsteps of me straggling up the tree. they walk up to the tree observing the tree with their torches desperate to find someone. there's more than one person seeking so i'm not the going to be the first one found they flash the spotlight right at me thick and thin all sorts of sizes streaks of light bundle over each other like a bunch of lasers in a highly secure bank but thanks to the thick manuka tree leaves im hidden camouflaged. minutes pass by, sitting in an uncomfortable position high up the tree the thrill of getting found pumps adrenaline in my veins every second of the wild night i come down the tree after 45 minutes sure to be the last one left “FOUND YOU!!” Half way down the tree I fell with a horrifying fright. I feel like a peregrine falcon diving into the salty ocean searching for fish at 390km per hour…...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.